learn about Homeownership
Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah (HFHSWU) is devoted to helping low income families have safe, decent, and affordable housing. Habitat purchases improved building lots, foreclosed, and vacant properties in communities throughout Washington County to help qualified families realize the American Dream of homeownership.
Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah provides equal housing opportunities for all, and ensures fair and equal access to its programs and services regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, family status, disability, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, source of income, or other characteristics protected by law.
Family selection usually occurs once a year. Those who have filled out the Housing Interest Form will be contacted when this meeting happens. The meeting will provide details on the expectations of a Habitat Partner Family, you will also receive the application at the meeting. Those who wish to apply then fill out and submit their application by the appropriate date.
How to qualify:
In order to qualify for a Habitat home, interested applicants must meet the following basic eligibility requirements.
Must live or work in Washington County, UT for one year before application date:
- Must be able to legally work and own real estate in the United States
- Must earn between 30% – 80% of HUD’s Adjusted Area Median Income
- Must demonstrate the ability to repay a 0% mortgage
- Must demonstrate a willingness to partner and be an advocate for HFHSWU by completing the following items:
- Up to 250 sweat equity hours per adult family member
- Graduate from HFHSWU authorized financial management program
- Make a small down payment of $700.00
Gross Annual Income
- $ 14,950.00- $ 39,850.00
- $ 17,100.00- $ 45,550.00
- $ 20,780.00 – $ 51,250.00
- $ 25,100.00 – $ 56,900.00
- $ 29,420.00 – $ 61,000.00
- $ 33,740.00 – $ 66,050.00
- +$ 38,060.00 – $70,600.00
- + $ 42,380.00- $ 75,150.00
Interested in becoming a Habitat homeowner?
Please complete the form below to add your name and information to our waiting list. We will notify you when the application process is open. If you have other questions about homeownership, our team can be reached at
We are an ecumenical housing ministry committed to providing safe, decent, affordable housing for qualified low-income families in Washington County, UT.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive our news and updates