Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah ReStore
Reports to: ReStore Manager
To Apply email resume to email@example.com
Responsibilities include: The pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck and trailer, returning to ReStore and unpacking merchandise. The ReStore sells a wide selection of new and used quality building materials, furniture, appliances, and home and garden items at discount prices. The proceeds from these sales go to Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah and stay here in Washington County to help alleviate poverty housing in Southwest Utah.
Driver will be familiarized with the policies, procedures, and goals of Habitat ReStore and will learn about Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building simple, decent, affordable housing.
- Drive ReStore vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods from Donors residences and businesses. Provide donors with polite and courteous customer service.
- Communicate with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations. Load and unload all donated materials. Screen for product usability when donors call or bring in donations as well as when doing pick-ups. Follows policy for pricing of all items before displaying them on the Retail floor. Follows pricing structure where applicable; researches prices for unusual items by contacting appropriate retail operations in local area and utilizing internet resources for research.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers. On occasion supervise volunteers to ensure a meaningful experience.
- Customer Service; assist store customers and answers questions providing good customer service. Handle cash, operate a cash register, and make change. Answer telephone and provide ReStore information, directions, meeting the caller’s needs using the ReStore phone policy.
- Call donors to schedule pick-up times.
- Operate forklift and power tools.
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore processing area.
- Provide support to ReStore Manager, as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures ReStore policies and procedures are closely followed.
- Be an Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah and the ReStore.
- High school diploma required
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people with diverse backgrounds.
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must pass Criminal Background Check, Drug Screening and Sexual Offender Check.
- Ability to use Simple Register and/or POS system.
- Financial, analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and ability to follow best practice and procedures related to retail and ability to use current computer applications and retail technologies.
- Committed to a safe, secure work environment.
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers, ensuring volunteers as well as customers have an excellent experience.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving and must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of retail operations and experience working in a retail building supply environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact.
For more information, find us at:
835 S. Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770