Habitat for Humanity is growing!
We have a pulse on the changing climate surrounding decent, affordable housing in Utah and we believe this expansion will afford us the opportunity to help more families who are struggling with home insecurity and the rising cost of home ownership. We feel the best approach to advancing our mission in Iron County is to open a ReStore in Cedar City, and we are currently reviewing available spaces that will fit our needs. The ReStore is the largest fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity and falls under the umbrella of the affiliate.
-Kayo Skandunas Executive Director
As we prepare to expand, we are asking for community members and local businesses to partner with us. Here are some of our immediate needs:
- Fixtures for the ReStore
- Volunteers to help put the ReStore together
- Leads for printing signs and banners
- A Forklift
- Part-time employees to staff the ReStore
- Donated product to stock the ReStore
- Funding to assist in the transition
- Computers and office supplies
- Feedback from community members
– We have secured a space for the ReStore at 96 N. Main Street, Suite B1, right next to Lin’s Market- We get the keys on Feb 1st!
– We have posted open positions to Indeed.com
– We will be opening up a donation center once we are in the retail space!
We are an ecumenical housing ministry committed to providing safe, decent, affordable housing for qualified low-income families in Washington County, UT.
Subscribe to out newletter to receive our news and updates