Neighborhood Revitalization affiliates tailor work being done in each neighborhood to meet its specific needs.
Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah, in partnership with community organizations and agencies, decide together what work needs to be carried out in their community. A wide array of housing services can be tapped to help transform communities in need, such as:
• New, energy-efficient house construction.
• Rehabilitation of vacant and foreclosed properties.
• House repairs for existing low-income homeowners, through A Brush with Kindness and critical home repairs.
• Weatherization to make existing houses more energy efficient and affordable.
Habitat for Humanity is just one part of a community-wide solution.
Collaboration with other local groups is an essential ingredient of Neighborhood Revitalization. This includes:
• Working with residents and other significant stakeholders in the community to develop a common plan of recovery and vision for the future.
• Forging both formal and informal partnerships and alliances at the local level.
• Joining or forming community coalitions.
• Rallying active neighborhood support.
• Advocating public policy for local housing initiatives.
Together, Habitat for Humanity, neighborhood residents and local partners can change the face of neighborhoods and the lives of the families who live there—forever.