ReStore Cashier/ Administrator
Reports to: ReStore Manager
To Apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Cashier and Administrator to process transactions and assist the Store Manager with administrative duties. Your job will be highly important in ensuring our stores customer satisfaction and sales objectives.
The Cashier/Administrators responsibilities will include coordinating the daily customer service operations, assisting the store manager with monitoring ReStore progress, as well as supervising and motivating staff. You will also be in charge of updating the social media and assist the store manager with the advertising and promotions for the ReStore.
Our ideal candidate will have some retail or manager skills with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, employees and customers. Ultimately, the duties of the Cashier/Administrators are to make sure our stores operate effectively, and that we keep our customers happy.
You will need to be familiarized with the policies, procedures, and goals of Habitat ReStore and will need to learn about Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building simple, decent, affordable housing in our Community.
- Customer Service; assist store customers and answers questions, provide a positive retail experience with courteous service.
- Answers phones using approved ReStore phone policies. Arranging appointment or scheduling of donation pick- up or delivery.
- Cash handling and operate a cash register and make change.
- Follows policy for pricing for all items before displaying them on the Retail floor. Follows pricing structure where applicable; researches prices for unusual items by contacting appropriate retail operations in local area and utilizing internet resources for research.
- Perform administrative duties including; collecting and distributing mail and messages, filing receipts, deposits, paperwork and ReStore tracking.
- Assist Store manager with Advertising and Promotions for the ReStore.
- Process donated inventory quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain store and facility; clean shelves, bathrooms, and retail displays as well as restock merchandise as needed.
- Provide support to ReStore Manager, as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures ReStore policies and procedures are closely followed in the Store.
- Be an Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah and the ReStore.
- High school diploma required.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check, Drug Screening and Sexual Offender Check.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to use Point of Sale system.
- Financial, analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow best practice and procedures related to retail and ability to use current computer applications and retail technologies.
- Committed to a safe, secure work environment.
- Ability to work with staff, customers, and volunteers, ensuring volunteers and customers have an excellent experience.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving and must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of retail operations and building supplies as well as experience working in retail or building supply environment.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact.
- You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
For more information, find us at:
835 S. Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770