Job Title: Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: The Executive Board and Board of Directors
To apply please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE: The Executive Director provides overall strategic management and leadership to Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah (HFHSWU). The Executive Director works in accordance with the directives, policies, and objectives set by HFHSWU’s Board of Directors. The Executive Director accepts the covenant of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) and is a leading advocate in the community for housing and community needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other business related field or 4 years senior management experience preferably in a non-profit organization
- Strong visionary skills, as well as the ability to persuade and influence others
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience or understanding of grant writing and development
- Proficient in standard office computer programs, such Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Passionate about the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- The ED will lead the organization in achieving the goals of the organization through strategic planning, program development, and implementing operational plans
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Responsible for maintaining sound financial practices and records. Work with the staff, the finance committee, and the Board in preparing a yearly budget
- Keep the Board of Directors abreast of any significant changes to the budget
- Approve all incoming bills. Approve any expenditure requests over $1,000
- Ensure completion of annual audits and other financial activities
Staff Management and Human Resources:
- Effectively integrate the work of staff and volunteers into cohesive, consistent, and effective programs of advocacy, construction, financing, family support and ReStore operations.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction for all Staff members
- Oversee all Human Resources including the hiring, firing and training of staff. Ensure that job descriptions are developed and regular performance evaluations are performed. Ensure that sound Human Resource practices are in place and administer any benefits for staff
- Maintain a climate, which attracts, retains, and motivates staff and volunteers to further HFHSWU’s mission and goals.
- Effectively manage conflict resolution with staff and volunteers.
Management and Oversight:
- Maintain policies and procedures, employee handbook, and other policies necessary for efficient and informed oversight of the organization.
- Oversee and manage along with the ReStore Manager, all aspects of the ReStore Operations
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operations of HFHSWU
- Ensure that all required official records and documents are maintained, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and Habitat International guidelines. Stay abreast of requirements from Habitat International and other regulatory issues
- Direct oversight for Homeowner services, including homeowner selection, mortgage set ups, mortgage servicing, and monitoring homeowner delinquencies and other payment issues.
Communication and Public Relations:
- Work with the Fund Development department to provide leadership in solicitation of major gifts including identifying and meeting with major corporate and individual donors.
- Work with the grant writer to complete all grant submissions and follow up reports. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit HFHSWU to fulfill its mission
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all governmental, nonprofit, for profit and other agencies necessary for HFHSWU to successfully conduct its programs
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends within the community regarding housing needs
- Become recognized as the “face of HFHSWU” through advocating for actions to address the needs affordable housing in the community.
- Assist the Board of Directors in making fundamental decisions, preparing strategic plans and creating/maintaining policies
- Prepare for monthly Board meetings by preparing the agenda and reports as requested by the Board of Directors
- Maintain a transparent and productive relationship with the Board of Directors by ensuring regular communication and reporting
- Responsible for Board Development and recruiting prospective Board members, when needed
- Conduct new Board member orientation
- Prepare and execute the annual Board meeting